Training » Class B CDL
Class B CDL Training Programs in Ohio
Our complete Class B CDL training program consists of 120 hours of focused instruction. The lecture portion of the course is a short 5-day seminar, and then it's time to get behind the wheel! We begin every other Monday for this three-week course.
This program is designed to prepare students for entry into the commercial driver field as qualified entry level truck/bus drivers. Working in the classroom, on a protected driving range, and on the road with an instructor, students will build the skills necessary to operate as successful commercial truck/bus drivers.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the theoretical skills required to safely operate commercial vehicles, including how to inspect commercial vehicles prior to use and while driving.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the skills associated with planning trips using a Professional Driver’s Atlas and maintaining official papers related to their profession.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate defensive driving skills using a nationally recognized defensive driving course designed for the professional driver.
- Students demonstrate basic maneuvering skills including starting, turning, shifting, braking, and straight-line backing.
- Students demonstrate how to dock a truck/bus for loading and unloading freight and passengers.
- Students demonstrate the skills necessary to operate a truck/bus safely on the public roads and highways.
- Students demonstrate the safe operating competency required to pass the CDL Road Skills Test in his/her state.
Learn more about the courses in the Class B CDL Certification
I came through Ohio Business College with a job. I left that job and stopped into Ohio Business College and Donny (Banks) and Rita (Hoke) went out of their way and took the time to give me some listings they had. 3 days later I had a new job at MPS Group working at AK Steel.