Training » Class A CDL
Class A CDL Training Programs in Ohio
Ohio Business College Semi Driver Training offers instruction to students seeking to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License. Our Class A CDL driver training program consists of 160 hours, with only five days of classroom instruction to give you more time behind the wheel. Classes start every other Monday. Weekend classes are also available.
Our Class A CDL training program is designed to prepare students for entry into the commercial driver field as qualified entry level second-seat (trainee) tractor-trailer drivers. Working in the classroom, on a protected driving range, and on the road with an instructor, students will build the skills necessary to operate as successful commercial tractor-trailer drivers through our CDL classes.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the theoretical skills required to safely operate commercial vehicles, including how to inspect commercial vehicles prior to use and while driving.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate the skills associated with planning trips using a Professional Driver’s Atlas and maintaining official papers related to their profession.
- Students learn, practice, and demonstrate defensive driving skills using a nationally recognized defensive driving course designed for the professional driver.
- Students demonstrate basic maneuvering skills including starting, turning, shifting, braking, and straight-line backing.
- • Students demonstrate how to dock a tractor-trailer for loading and unloading in our CDL classes.
- Students demonstrate the skills necessary to operate a tractor-trailer safely on the public roads and highways.
- Students demonstrate the safe operating competency required to pass the CDL Road Skills Test in his/her state.
Learn more about the courses in the Class A CDL Certification
I chose Ohio Business College because... "it was close to home and has a great staff. I work for Osborne Trucking making good money!"